Monday, February 20, 2012

apologies to my ron paul, bolshevik & menshevik friends

a few weeks ago
a guy came over
from a craigs list posting
interested in buying
my old van

before we finished
he opened up
the tailgate of his even older van
& gave me several cds
and other ron paul propaganda
.....some of it close to the mark
before he drove off
with my former van
& his older van
now a small convoy
filled with political tirades
.....some of it close to the mark
bringing back images of those
old eisenstein films
with petrograd revolutionaries
flinging thousands of leaflets
from the back of their trucks
in 1905 and 1917

again
many apologies to my bolshevik friends
but i must admit that i fully defended yinz
in this whole drama
when i responded to the van buyer
who claimed obama was nothing
but a bolshevik
i retorted
no way...obama is a menshevik
all the way

--- e b bortz


(published in opednews.com, Feb 20, 2012)

No comments: